While the idea of throwing a dinner party may seem daunting, especially if you don’t do it often, there is no reason why it should be an over-the-top highly stressful situation. As long as you plan ahead and make sure that you have everything you need a few days before the time, your night will run smoothly and all your guests will appreciate all the effort put in.
Remember there’s nothing worse than running around like a headless chicken the day off the dinner party trying to get last minute necessities. Rather take note of our dinner party hacks to create an amazing evening for your friends.
- Replace ice cubes with frozen limes or lemons: freeze quartered lemons or limes and use in place of ice cubes in a jug of margaritas.
- Let guests create their own drinks and provide all the trimmings: all you guests will get what they want and you won’t have to spend time refilling their glasses.
- Non-alcoholic drinks: in this way guests that are designated drivers or choose not to drink won’t feel left out.
- Create a drinks tray: if you entertain often, it’s a good idea to put all your bottles on one tray to ensure easy transportation to the table.
- If you want to cook yourself: do as much of the preparation as far in advance as possible. There are plenty of recipes that can be made ahead of time which will keep well for the night of the event and you can use the time saved to enjoy online roulette NZ
- Host a potluck instead: if you are tight on time (and money) you could always host a potluck party instead. Get each friend to commit to a dish and make sure there is enough variety to create an entire meal. You don’t want to get stuck with a lot of side dishes and no mains!
- Easily decorate your chairs: if you haven’t got a lot of time to create an elaborate table setting, you could always tie lengths of colourful ribbons to the chairs set around the dinner table. It will add a hit of colour and you can keep the table top simple.
- A citrus centrepiece: use a large glass vase or cake stand and stack some beautifully bright citrus on top. If your guests don’t dig into the fruit, you can always use it some cocktails instead.
- Washi-tape napkin rings: proper napkins often get lost or are expensive to acquire, so why not rather use colourful washi tape? Wrap a piece of tape around fabric napkins to create an interesting look.
Kids Party Hacks
Don’t exclude certain friends just because they have kids out of fear of not knowing how to entertain the little ones. There simple kids party hacks will keep the munchkins busy while the parents relax.
- A simple grilled cheese sandwich is quick and easy to make and will appease even the pickiest eaters. It’s also easy to make in large quantities.
- Set up a mocktail station for the kids to create their own signature cocktails.
- If it’s too cold for the kids to entertain themselves in the garden, set up a cinema for them in a separate room with popcorn, sweet, and plenty of blankets.